Friday, March 4, 2011

"A girl can't read that sort of thing without her lipstick"

As alluded to in one of my recent previous posts, I love the hit show "Parenthood". One of my favorite characters is Amber, played by Mae Whitman (who also starred on ABC family's apparently not-so-hit-show, State of Grace, one of my middle school favs.)

Anyways, on the show Amber is a moody but talented teen who has awesome style that I would like to emulate. Mostly because her style is like the rebellious version of my own, perhaps.

Her, like, signature thing is black eyeliner and red lipstick. So in similar fashion to the lame girl from Mean Girls- you know, the one who says "I saw Cady Heron wearing army pants and flip flpos, so I bought army pants and flip flops"- I used some extra time I had yesterday to paint on the black and dab on some red lipstick I have in my special/weird make-up bag gathering dust under the bathroom sink. It was a fun kind of confidence thing for me, too. I can wear red lipstick if I want to.



So here's a pic I snapped on my compie :) I don't look like a complete clown, huh?
Oh, btw- I did, however, become a giant woman trapped in an office building. Plz look past my growth spurt to still be my friend.
Okie dokes, off to find the perfect shade for my ruby reds so I can dump the tube I have from my 7th grade Halloween costume. Also, I have a paper to finish before 5:30. Happy first Friday, peeps!
Stay gangsta,
J.Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment